Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I am not Sorry by Kaylia Walker

I am not sorry...
I will not apologize for my sex.
I will not feel sorry for myself that I am looked down upon.
I will not give anyone the satisfaction of seeing me frown because I am not who they think I am.
I will not live up to the worlds low expectations of the women society because of their fear that I will overcome.
Instead I will prove them all wrong.
You look and see a woman whose most difficult job in life is fixing a man meals.
I look and I see a woman whose most difficult job in life is being whatever she puts her mind to.
You will not bring me down, for I am a strong independent woman regardless of what anyone says.
I am and unapologetic woman, and I am not sorry for being a woman not now, not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment