Saturday, July 15, 2017

Lady in a Glass Dress by Faith Smith

Meet the lady in the glass dress
Here lies her pain
She waltz inside the darkest room and you can still see her veins
Lady in the glass dress, where do you remain?
Do you realize that your journey is filled with nothing but depression?
Even the oppressed know that this is beyond stretching
And you are stressing

Lady in the glass dress, who are you?
Where lies your truth and what will get into you?
Where will you be?
Who will you become?
It seems to me as if your story will always remain undone
Your start is never your finish
And your end seems to be another beginning

Lady in the glass dress, what lies beyond thy self?
What is your worth?
What can you become?
For that is unknown
You’re lost in the shadows, broken and disturbed
You’ve disappeared while life goes on around you
You’re in despair and sit in your sorrows that are supposed to be around you

Lady in the glass dress, guess what, I am you
You’re apart of me that I just can’t shake loose
You’ve become my weakness, something I see straight through
Against all odds, I still have you
I want you gone because you can’t stay
But even when I try to push you away you still remain my biggest mistake
And my motivation and self esteem as a young woman all gets erased


No comments:

Post a Comment