Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Am I Black or is Black Me by Daishana Milton

It’s many things that can make a person, but do we define it by character or skin
Where I’m from it is defined by you or me
The place I was born was the same place as you what makes us different
Is our tones or attitudes
She’s light I’m dark both pretty much the same
What's crazy is we're twins of the very same races I lost because I’m dark you won because
You're light
Just because my skin chose black I’m not your type or even delight
Caucasian, Black, French, and Indian
Just because my skin chose Black I’m not your equal
It’s like racism has it’s second sequel
Hands up don’t shoot
She robbed a bank what’s crazy is
They gave me her place
I’m a beautiful African American
She’s American, too
I am smart with a proper tongue
She speaks in slang and doesn’t get things done …..then you come to think
How people judge me

As one of the black and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment