Thursday, January 19, 2017

Just "Another" Woman (monologue) by Faith Smith

Ladies…I know for sure we’ve all been here. You know what I’m talking about. Yeah, when men say you’re just “another woman.” What does that mean? I’m glad you asked. That means that we’re just another ordinary female waltzing the earth, nothing at all interesting to the eye or sparking the mind. You know what I think about that? I’m glad you asked again. I think that’s some…. mess. You know why? I really like the questions you keep asking. It’s some mess because every woman has something unique about them. You might have all the brains in the world, the next one might have the sweetest heart a man could find, then one way down South might be spunky and spontaneous. Then up North, you’ll find one who is civil and pleasant. Then you will run into one that’s carefree and wild, like a loose cannon. Nonetheless, no woman is just another “woman.”
So, guess what? Next time you get that you’re “just another woman,” know that you’re much more than that. You’re beautiful, you’re empowered, you’re funny, you’re intelligent, your kind, you’re gracious, and so much more. So, fellas, are we still “just another woman”? Would you like it if I said you were “just another man”? Okay, then. Watch what you say to a woman and when to say it, because you never know what you’ll get yourself into. Any more questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment