Sunday, November 13, 2016

Contributors

Priscila Acevedo: Writing is a way of expressing thoughts, feelings, and ideas. It’s art and it has the power to do good as well as bad. It can come naturally to anybody. I don’t really see myself as a writer, but I can express myself entirely as well as get my point across. I consider myself a feminist because the topic is very interesting to me. The fact that we still deal with sexism, and also being able to express yourself is contradicting but powerful in the sense that you’re not alone or will ever be alone in this generation as a woman because other girls, as well as males, fight for and with you, much like this group. It makes me feel like I’m somebody and that there is hope that woman can be treated with full respect. Woman are strong, and strong woman are indestructible.

Mariah Fields: I consider myself to be a feminist, because I believe women should have the exact same and equal rights to men. It has been like this for years; at one point in time we couldn't get a job ,or vote. There should not be a difference in our opportunities because, a woman can do as much as a man or even more . We are categorized as not worthy enough just because we are FEMALES. We can't control who we are, but we can make a change.

Espi Flores: Awakening to the circular barbed wire fence. Capacity of one. Every movement I made came at a cost. Not able to move the way I wanted, because I was told not move from sexist who did not believe I was able of doing much. Just stay put and listen to “The Man." I was denied to be a mascot, team captain, my father’s daughter because of my gender, my retaliation to listen to what another guy has to say about what a woman should say or do for them, and my strong belief that women are equal and capable of doing anything they set their mind to. When I found the label for my belief, I quickly embraced it; Feminism. -Azúcar Mind

Gabrielle Gousman: I am an activist because I believe everyone deserves to be treated equally-no matter their gender or race, body type or sexuality. I am an activist because I speak up against injustice, against those who do not feel that everyone deserves to be treated equally. I am an activist because I stand up for what is right. And I will not bite my tongue against anyone who opposes.

Ricardo Elias Hernandez: I consider myself a feminist because we need to fill the gap in gender inequality. Feminist are the future of advancement in the stance of women. For centuries, women have always dealt with being seen as inferior to the male counterpart, in the workplace and society. As a male, I am not okay knowing that I am able to contribute the same amount in the workforce, yet women are making 79 cents to my dollar. A human’s sex organ does not and should not determine our level of success, an important note that America and the rest of the world needs to understand. Let us use our voice to raise awareness and fill in the gap of gender and all inequality together. Thanks!

Laquita Parker: I am a strong young lady who has been competing with her twin since birth. However, I do not believe that I should be competing with the standards of society. I struggle with concealing my emotions when I should not have to, because society is like a pack of wolves and whimpering is seen as weakness. How can being human be so wrong. I am only perfectly imperfect and that’s the way I like it.

Carl SmithI do not consider myself an activist/ I find myself passionate about what’s happening/ Being active isn’t the noun it is being an advocate/ So I am an active advocate/ When there is a wall of shame and my community has its back to it/ who has my people’s back?/ These are spots we have to fill whether you feel compelled to leave and never comeback or feel the feeling of failed  children/ feel the feeling of the failed republic/ Your demographic sucked into the static looking for something/ and you know what it is/ It is a hero and no I’m no super negro here to liberate the masses with light beams and lasers/ Or light saber/  but with negotiation, negating the capitalistic Satan, rebuilding strength in our communication, educating these little faces into bright smiles of liberation/ I am no activist/ just a citizen trying to put a plan of action in.

Faith Smith: For hundreds of years, women have been treated as though they don’t even amount to a human being when it comes to being compared to a man. As a young lady in this millennial generation, I find it very estranged to refer to women as being less than what they amount to. In all actuality, if we want to consider this, a woman gives birth to children which means they gave birth to mankind. If women wanted to go on a sex strike, which has been done before, we could stop population. So, why am I a feminist? A woman’s voice in this society must be heard for change to be made. If one stands up, we can persuade all to stand up and fight for our equality and value. It’s time for change, and as an advocate for women, I will be involved in making that change.

Armaan Sultan: Hi, to whomever is reading this, I am Armaan but I'll call myself the R-man for this. I consider myself a feminist because despite the common misconceptions of the alleged presence of misandry within the feminist I understand the importance of and strongly advocate equality between genders, neither is above the other. That being said, as it is today women everywhere are discriminated against or otherwise mistreated because of something they cannot control- their gender, and it's been happening for A WHILE. So until men and women are accepted as equals I will continue to be a feminist. Good day

Tamar Trice:  In my history class, each chapter in our book discusses the role of women in our society and although it seemed their role was progressing it is still being limited. When you look up the definition of a women on google one of the listed definitions was, "a female paid to clean someone's house and carry out general domestic duties." A common stereotype developed in colonial times, and as a young woman that is not the way I want to be defined. I found it even more disturbing to look up the definition of men and one of the listings was, "a group or person in a position of authority over others, such as a corporate employer or the police...white people collectively regarded as the controlling group in society." Men are stilled viewed as superior and women are still seen as inferior to a male. Women are still making less than a male doing the same job as a woman, and of these minorities make the least. As a black young woman, it is only right for me to use my voice as a feminist and activist.

Kaylia Walker: I am a strong African American female.I grew up in a household with a mother who provided and did all she could for her children. I have never seen men as superior to me because I know I am just as worthy as him. Women are looked down upon because of our gender, but nobody pays attention to the things we've accomplished. Being a female has automatically put us on a lower level then males we are often told that we can't do what males do or that "this is a mans job," we have taken so much in which seems like a punishment for our gender but we are better then we are given credit for.

Monyia White: I am an advocate for the nasty mind,/ and in some ways an activist only because the way a woman lives is immaculate, persuasive, and crafty with anything they touch./ Innovative/ and since time has progressed, so have I and I can't deny the fact that my thoughts have been held back./ I am an activist./Although, I try hard not to attract attention. 

Ms. Nicholson: I learn something new from these genius humans everyday. I just wanted to give them a platform so that you can, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment