Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Nasty America by Faith Smith

On November 9th, 2016, the fate and hopes of the United States changed as we knew it. Donald Trump, the man that discredited this entire country and slandered the culture of minorities, will be sworn in to the office to become the President of the United States on January 20th, 2017. To say I’m not surprised is an understatement. I had this feeling that no matter how hard Hillary Clinton tried to advocate to become our President, she would not be able to step foot in the White House because she is a woman. No man wants a woman to have that type of power, because that means she is in a power position traditionally held by men. In my opinion, I feel as though Donald Trump was voted for president for many reasons. For one, all those racist individuals who have been “hiding” for the last eight years since Barack Obama has been in office has finally came out and have been more open with their racism because Donald Trump has displayed his feelings toward the minority community without any repercussions, they feel it is alright to be open with their negative feelings towards us. Wisconsin has not been voting as a Republican state for over thirty years, and as soon as Donald Trump runs for president, it all of a sudden changes. That says a lot. It says to me that this country has not changed much, and it will become even worse than it was before if we do not do something about it. I also think they voted in Donald Trump because if he became president, then his views on building a wall to keep out all the immigrants and the comments that have been made would change. I do still have a little hope for what is to come soon, but I don’t think that it was the best choice to vote someone like Trump in office. His only plan is to build a wall. What about education? What about senior citizens? What about the violence and police brutality? He doesn’t have any of this mapped out, based on what he has said in the media and at debates.
            If I had it my way and I became president, I would make it known what my plans are from the very beginning. No, I would not even think to build a wall because this is America, the land of the free, and if that title has any meaning to it, why make people leave? I would focus mostly on education, because that is what sets up the future for this younger generation. I would have money set aside to fund schools, and I would make it so there are field trips to give students the outside world experience as far as careers, colleges, a future lifestyle, etc. goes. I would increase social security and increase taxes on the rich, because the elders that are disabled from working need some type of income. Lowering that amount would hurt them more than help.Taxing the rich will make it so that there will not be too much taxes to take away from the middle class and poor. The goal is equity not fairness.

No comments:

Post a Comment